Remembering the first Truth Festival
The inaugural Truth Festival was held in downtown Belmont, NC on Saturday, May 30th. The day began at 11:00 am with a keynote and came to an end with the closing credits of a movie in the park. We had beautiful weather for a day of music, worship, excellent speakers, answers for questions, prayer, face painting, play activities for kids, and many free giveaways for all.
We are so thankful for our partners and their willingness to participate. We had local speakers but also from abroad. Their qualifications ranged from presidents, directors, authors, missionaries, students, and more.
We had several other speakers at the inaugural Truth Festival and thank them for their contribution.
- Shawn Wright: Elam Ministries
- Cory Miller: President of Ratio Christi
- Joshua Bogunjoko: Serving in Mission (SIM)
- Dr. Richard Howe: International Society of Christian Apologetics
- Jeff Park: JAARS
- Dr. Mel Winstead: Professor at Southern Evangelical Seminary
- John Strawser: Wycliffe
- Jason Peters: The Voice of the Martyrs (VOM)
- Dr. Richard Land: President of Southern Evangelical Seminary
- Stacey Jacobs: T.E.A.M.
- Jeff Risk: Director of Global Cross
- Greg Walker: Assistant Director of Global Cross
We were fortunate to have artists and bands from so many different genres, yet all of them used their music to lead attendees in worship.
- John Fitzgerald McGill: Solo artist
- Tribe 180: Eclectic Christian music
- Project Salt: Christian rock & roll
- Hoot 'N Holler: Old time southern bluegrass
- This Unversed Love: Husband & wife duet
We gave away several items throughout the day. These can range from Truth Festival T-shirts to leather-bound study Bibles to Android tablets pre-loaded with Christian digital works.
- 5 ten-inch Parchment tablets injected with Christian resources. Donated by Global Cross.
- 10 paperback copies of I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist. Donated by Global Cross.
- 20 hardcover copies of Apologetics Study Bible. Donated by B&H Publishing Group.
- 30 paperback copies of Mere Christianity. Donated by Global Cross.
- 50 paperback copies of If God Made the Universe, Who Made God? Donated by B&H Publishing Group.
- 100 Parchment cards pre-loaded with free digital Christian resources. Donated by Global Cross.
- Various books & literature donated by Alliance Defending Freedom.
- Various books donated by Ratio Christi.
- Various magazines donated by Christian Research Institute.
One of the primary purposes of the Truth Festival is providing answers to difficult questions. In an effort to meet this goal, there were topical tents set up throughout the festival. Each of the following tents were manned by people educated in the following subject matter.
- God and Science
- The Historic Christian Faith
- Christianity and Culture
- Christianity and Other Faiths